- In Florida tax revenue is projected to drop this year for the first time since the energy crisis of the 1970s.
- New Jersey could face a $2.5 billion shortfall by mid-2008, according to Governor Jon S. Corzine, and may lease its turnpike or its lottery to a private company to raise money.
- In California income tax receipts in January were $1 billion less than forecast.
- Maryland’s real estate transfer tax revenue has tumbled by 22 percent this fiscal year.
- Connecticut’s real estate transfer tax revenue, which state budget analysts predicted would fall by 3.6 percent, is down by 13.3 percent so far.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
is the title of a NY Times story that documents the following(thanks to Mish):